Condominium Project

Monarch Condo

THE FINAL PRODUCT! :D

Made it using AutoCAD.

Reflection:

So this project first started off by researching other condominium floor plans as examples and ideas. The design brief required the class to choose eight and these were the ones I picked:

condo3 condo4 condo5 condo6 condo7 condo8 condo 1 condo 2

I liked the design of the condo with the red beds the most. I thought it had good placement of where everything was placed while being space efficient and also liked the idea of a den. This condo looks like it was designed for social gatherings as seen from how the furniture in the living room is placed – the couches face each other making it easier to talk. furthermore, there is also a den and a wet bar.

With a bunch of condo designs and new ideas in my head, I started to make my rough copy by drawing out thumbnails. I made 3 thumbnails and chose my favourite of the 3 and continued by making the rough copy. Like most rough copies, mine had a lot of problems too such as dimensions and where things were placed. I had to get the opinions of my teacher and classmates; with these opinions and edits, I was able to make my condo better.

At last, I had my rough copy which was ready for AutoCAD. I have used AutoCAD before but it was only for simple stuff such as drawing shapes and words. This time, I had the most complex AutoCAD project I have  encountered. Fortunately I was able to finish my condominium drawing.

2 thoughts on “Condominium Project

Comments are closed.